King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), in Saudi Arabia, offers scholarships for distinguished master’s degree and Ph.D. applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in engineering, sciences, or business. The scholarship covers recipients’ full study and living costs while enrolled. All interested and eligible local and international candidates are invited to apply.
Established in 1963, KFUPM is a public research university in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, with academic offerings in science, engineering, technology, business, and management. KFUPM is engaged in research collaborations with many world-renowned universities, including the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, the University of Cambridge, Technical University of Munich, and National University of Singapore.
17 December 2023
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Monthly stipend.
- Free housing accommodation.
- Medical coverage.
- Free textbooks.
- Travel allowance to and from Saudi Arabia.
- Additional funding for research works and university projects
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (for master’s degree applicants) or a two-year master’s degree (for Ph.D. applicants) from a recognized institution, and have graduated with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Show proof of English-language proficiency through TOEFL or IELTS test scores. See the Admission FAQspage for details of the minimum required scores relevant to your degree, and conditions for when the test requirement may be waived.)
- Submit scores on the GRE (science and engineering applicants) or GMAT (business applicants) tests. See the Admission FAQspage for details of the minimum required scores.
- Have at least three years of full-time work experience for MBA applicants, waived for graduate assistants and exceptional academics. Executive MBA programme requires 8 years’ experience, including 3 years in managerial positions.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty members who taught the applicant in university-level courses.
- Satisfactorily meet any additional departmental or university admission requirements.
How to Apply
All documents should be submitted in PDF format and via the upload system, except for the recommendation letters, which should be submitted by the referees themselves via the online recommendation system. Please refer to the online admission tutorial or the admission deadlines page for more information.
Along with the complete online application, make sure the following documents are submitted through the upload system before the deadline:
- Copy of identification (National ID for Saudi nationals, passport for international applicants, resident card for Saudi residents).
- Complete official academic transcripts listing all courses taken and the applicants’ grades.
- The names and email addresses of your academic referees. An email will be sent to your referees inviting them to submit an online recommendation letter for you.
- Statement of purpose (one page) describing your career and research goals at KFUPM.
- Passport-size photo with white background (optional for females).
- CV briefly mentioning your education and work experience.
- Test scores: GMAT or GRE, and TOEFL or IELTS.
- Degree certificates.